We are growing and looking to add a Foreman/Bucket Operator to the team of experts in our Mechanicsville, VA location. This position requires a Class B CDL with Air Brakes endorsement (or the ability to acquire one within 30 days of hire) and the ability to drive a standard (manual) transmission.
- Review work to be performed with customers, complete paperwork, and collect payments upon completion of work.
- Conduct job briefing and assign tasks to crew members for each job.
- Ensure all tools, equipment, and materials are well maintained and accounted for prior to and after completion of each job.
- Utilize various power tools and heavy machinery to climb, prune, and remove trees while ensuring the crew’s safety in compliance with ANSI A300
- Pruning Standards, ANSI Z133.1 Safety Standards, OSHA Safety Standards, and company policy.
- Relocate limbs and debris to disposal area.
- Maintain a high level of quality in all work performed.
- Motivate and lead team in a positive manner.
- Complete OSHA and AMTL accident reports.
- Minimum 3 years bucket truck and/or 2 years documented foreman experience.
- Class “B” CDL with airbrakes preferred.
- ISA Certified Arborist (or in process).
- Advanced knowledge of proper tree pruning and removal techniques in accordance with ANSI A300 Pruning Standards and ANSI Z133.1 Standards.
- Knowledge of basic tree climbing skills, climbing rope, climbing saddle, knots, technical rigging, cabling, and bracing techniques.
- Ability to operated hand, power, and heavy equipment including but not limited to hand saws, pole pruners, chainsaws, stump grinders, bucket trucks,
claw trucks, and chippers.
- Ability to lead, train, and motivate co-workers and direct reports.
- Ability to complete labor-intensive work outdoors with exposure to a variety of weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
- Able to navigate on uneven terrain, stand, walk, bend, crouch, reach, and lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- Able to work effectively at heights above 10 feet.
- Family Health and Dental Insurance
- 401-K Benefit matching
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Holidays
- Late Model equipment
- Competitive wages with performance bonuses